Best Buyer Rated 4 Slice Toasters - UK Reviews
If you are considering buying a 4 slice toaster, then we know that this article will be really useful in helping you make your final buying decision.. There are around 100 individual 4-slice toasters on the UK market right now.
That can make it confusing to know which one to buy. If you are anything like me, all you want is a good quality toaster at an affordable price, that does the job, and will last. That is why we did all the research to discover which toasters that buyers bought, used and then rated the highest.
If you are in a hurry and just don't have time to read all the information below, then the number one buyer rated 4 slice toaster in the UK is the Breville VTT476 Impressions 4 Slice Toaster, currently available at Amazon UK. Buyers rate this overall with an 86% buyer satisfaction rating, and it costs around £30.
If you have some time to find out more information on all the toasters, then we have provided that below. There you will find our top 10 list of 4 slice toasters, with more detailed reviews on the top 5 buyer rated toasters. Now all of these will toast 4 slices of bread at the same time, making them an ideal choice for larger families.
Top 10 Buyer Rated 4-Slice Toasters
Below you can easily see our top 10 list. Besides each product name you will see the average buyer satisfaction rating. That is the average buyer score marked out of a possible 100%. That rating has been derived from taking the scores for the main online websites that sell toasters, and then working out their average score.
- Breville VTT476 Impressions 4 Slice Toaster (86%)
- Morphy Richards Accents Special Edition 4 Slice Toaster (86%)
- Breville VTT742 Outline Polished 4 Slice Toaster (86%)
- Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster (80%)
- Breville VTT571 4-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons (78%)
- Morphy Richards Equip 4 Slice Toaster 241000 (78%)
- Russell Hobbs Legacy 4-Slice Toaster 21302 (76%)
- Tefal TT7708 Maison Four Slice Toaster (76%)
- Swan 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster (74%)
- Russell Hobbs Futura 4-Slice Toaster 18790 (70%)
Just below we have included images of these toasters as many buyers like to see exactly what they are getting for their money. If you click on any of the images you can see a larger version. By clicking on the actual product name, you can then read the review on that toaster in more detail.
If you prefer you can simply scroll on down the page and read all of our summary reviews.
The first thing you will quickly see from looking at this list is that the brands Breville and Morphy Richards pretty much dominate the UK market, when it comes to buying a toaster.
Before I go into the more detailed reviews on these toasters on this list, it is worth mentioning the following information as it will really help inform your buying choices.
Knowing the Average Price of a 4 Slice Toaster
Having this information will help you know that you are not over paying for a product. In the UK you should expect to pay anything between £25-45 for a good quality product made by a decent brand. The average price paid is £30 and in all the information that we have collected, this is what buyers pay for something of good quality.
Leading UK Toaster Brands
- Morphy Richards
- Russell Hobbs
Although I have listed all of these popular kitchen brands, our research clearly told us that Breville dominate this market and Morphy Richards are their nearest rival.
What Are Your Buying Options?
If you are reading this article then we understand that you are gathering information so as you can get the best 4 slice toaster that suits your needs and the needs of your family. The main reason that people buy in particular a 4 slice toaster, is that they have to deal quickly with a family breakfast.
Being able to do 4 slices at a time certainly speeds that process up. We know what the chaos is like on a typical family morning trying to get to work, and trying to get the kids out to school at the same time.
Being able to quickly get your toast made is just one step in the mad world of a typical hurried family breakfast. You will want something that works, will last for a few years and simply makes good toast.
Most likely you will also want something that has a nice appearance, is attractive to look at, is easy to clean and perhaps has a few options such as being able to adjust how well the toast is done. One other important consideration is to understand what width of bread your toaster can handle. Not all 4 slice toasters can handle the thicker breads like Warburtons for example.
No 1 Choice - Breville VTT476 Impressions 4 Slice Toaster
SHORT VIDEO REVIEW
- This one stands out from all of the 4 slice toasters on the UK market. Priced at under £30, and with ratings of 86%, this is clearly the most popular choice. Not only is it a fabulous price, but buyers really like it and think it is well worth the money.
- You can see from the image that this is an impressive looking toaster. It is available in 5 key kitchen colours which are black, white, red, cream and an unusual and attractive damson colour.
- Aside from that it also has clear and well lit buttons for ease of use. It also has the high lift capability which means that you can remove smaller slices without burning your fingers.
- It can cater for thick and thin slices, you can vary the way you like your toast to be grilled.
- To top it all off, it also has defrost, reheat, mid-cycle and cancel functions. The crumb tray can be removed for easy cleaning.
No 2 Choice - Morphy Richards Accents Special Edition 4 Slice Toaster
SHORT VIDEO REVIEW
- This is another popular choice for UK buyers. Like the first on on our list it is also priced at under £30, and also has a buyer satisfaction rating of 86%. This one dies retail in many UK shops at around £54.99, so if you can find it cheaper than that, it will be a good price.
- It is available in 8 different kitchen colours which are black, white, red, blue, cream, ivory cream, pebble and sand.
- It does have a good variable browning control and a very interesting reheat setting that allows you to quickly reheat your toast
- Like many on the market it also has a defrost setting, for ease and convenience, so no need to defrost your bread first.
- It measures 28 x 28 x 20.6 cm and weighs 2.29 Kg
- Uses 1,880 watts of power
- This toaster is very much in the chic classic retro style with all the functional features you require
- It forms part of the Morphy Richards Accents coordinating range. In that range you can also buy a microwave, kettle, capsule coffee machine, pour over filter coffee machine and slow cooker, all made in the same style.
No 3 Choice - Best Stainless Steel 4 Slice Toaster-
Breville VTT742 Outline Polished 4 Slice Toaster
- There are a few stainless steel toasters on the UK market. We believe that this Breville VTT742 is the best at the moment, and is proving popular with buyers. Again this is also priced at under £30, and also has a buyer satisfaction rating of 86%.
- It is only available in this stainless steel colour.
- Buyers liked the easy to see illuminated control buttons
- It also has the important high lift facility that means smaller slices can be removed easily without burning fingers
- It is good in that it can handle different bread widths as it has slots for thick and thin slices
- It also has the important defrost, reheat and mid-cycle cancel functions and a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning
- It measures 35.2 x 32.6 x 24.2 cm and weighs 1.22 Kg
No 4 Choice - Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster
- Another toaster from Breville and this one again sells really well and some people prefer this particular style. Again this is also priced at under £30, and has a buyer satisfaction rating of 80%.
- It is only available in a black colour
- This toaster is classed as a two slot four slice black toaster
- Like almost all of these it has variable browning control
- It also has the useful variable width slots for thick and thin bread slices
- Some other useful features are the reheat, defrost, mid-cycle cancel and extra-high lift for easy toast removal
- It also has a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning, non-slip base and cord storage
- It is adorned with red illuminated buttons for easy use
- It measures 16.21 x 38.2 x 18.21 cm and weighs 1.22 Kg and uses 1,400 watts of power
No 5 Choice - Breville VTT571 4-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons
Summary Video Review
- Another toaster from Breville and this one as the name would suggest is the perfect fit for all Warburtons bread. This model is however much more expensive and you should expect to pay around £65 if you want to own this particular model of 4 slice toaster. It has a buyer satisfaction rating of 78%.
- It has red illuminated control buttons for easy function identification
- It also boasts the look &lift feature which allows you to check your toast's progress without cancelling the cycle
- It also has a high lift facility which means that smaller slices can be removed easily without burning fingers
- It is a pretty striking looking toaster thanks to the premium high shine stainless steel
- It measures 29 x 29.5 x 22 cm and weighs 2.58 Kg and a full 2,000 watts of power
No 6 Choice - Morphy Richards Equip 4 Slice Toaster 241000
- This model from Morphy Richards is fairly new to the UK market and is starting to sell pretty well. It has a buyer satisfaction rating of 78%.
- It is available in three colours; chrome/black, brushed and red
- Like the others this one can defrost so no need to de-frost your bread first
- It also has a re-heat setting and variable browning control
- It also has a removable crumb tray, means it's nice and easy to clean your toaster
- Also has the handy cord storage
- It measures 29.5 x 25 x 18.5 cm and weighs 2.3 Kg and a full 1,700 watts of power
No 7 Choice - Russell Hobbs Legacy 4-Slice Toaster 21302
- This toaster from Russell Hobbs has been out for a few years now. It sits around the mid price point for this style of a 4 slice toaster. It has a buyer satisfaction rating of 76%.
- It does have the very useful wide slots - ideal for crumpets, tea cakes and thick slices of bread
- It is also useful as it has independent two and four slice operation
- Comes with a removable crumb tray
- One of the fastest toasters on the market
- It measures 19 x 28.5 x 23 cm and weighs 2.55 Kg and a full 2,400 watts of power
No 8 Choice - Tefal TT7708 Maison Four Slice Toaster
Summary Video Review
- This is the only one from the Tefal brand on out list and we think it has a very distinct look about it, which some buyers may find appealing. It has a buyer satisfaction rating of 77%.
- It comes in 5 colours which are chalkboard black, copper, gun metal black, oatmeal grey and pomegranate red
- It is a four slot toaster with variable width slot: ideal for thick and thin slices of bread
- Has variable browning with seven browning levels for desired results
- Also has Stop/eject: immediately stops the toasting cycle
- It then has the usual defrost & reheat settings: toast frosted breads & warm up snacks with ease and convenience
- It also has the high lift function
- It measures 36.6 x 31 x 26 cm cm and weighs 2.64 Kg and a full 1,700 watts of power
No 9 Choice - Swan 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster
- At number 9 on our list is this toaster from the Swan brand and it is usually the cheapest one on our list. However it does have a low buyer satisfaction rating of 74%.
- It comes in 5 colours which are red, black, white, lime and cream
- It has an extra long slot: 40 mm
- The other features are pretty standard and include defrost / reheat and cancel buttons
- It also has a removable crumb tray and the high lift function
- It measures 15.1 x 40.5 x 17.5 cm and weighs 1.55 Kg and a 1,400 watts of power
No 10 Choice - Russell Hobbs Futura 4-Slice Toaster
- This one is affordable and usually available for under £25 It has been out for a very long time but still sells today as some buyers prefer this style. The buyer satisfaction rating of 70% is low though and explains why it is number 10 on our list.
- It is made from a brushed and polished stainless steel
- It has the basic functions of defrost, cancel and reheat
- It also has a removable crumb tray
- The maximum thickness of bread it can handle is 26 mm
- It measures 28.2 x 28.2 x 17.9 cm and weighs 1.94 Kg and 1,500 watts of power
4 Slice Toaster Full Buying Guide
If you are still undecided as to which is the best toaster for your needs, then we would strongly suggest that you read through this extensive buying guide. In this section we have gone into a lot more detail on the exact things you need to fully understand when buying any type of toaster.
In particular we have been specific about what to look for when it comes to buying a 4 slice toaster. We have listed those KEY features just below. Underneath that you will find a summary of what they mean and why they be important to you.
Key Important Features of a 4 slice Toaster
- Variable Browning
- 2 slices or 4 slices
- High lift
- Defrost and Cancel
- Wide Slot Feature
- Removable Crumb Tray
This is the number of watts that the product uses when it is switched on and being used. It is this power that will determine just how quickly you can make your toast. The higher this number is the better in terms of speed. However you should also be aware that the more power used, the more expensive it is on your electricity bill.
Most toasters use a power of between 1200-1500 watts.
This is simply a feature that allows you to set the right amount of browning for you. Typically this setting is controlled by a small knob with numbers on it. The lower the number, the lighter your bread will be toasted.
Most toasters do an OK job at doing this, but the Breville brand appear to do this the best.
2 Slices or 4?
Sometimes you will just want a couple of slices of toast, or perhaps just toast a single bagel. Make sure that this feature is available on your 4 slice toaster, otherwise you are heating up other elements which costs money and are of no real use to you.
That can also cause burn out of those elements and that will reduce the lifetime of your toaster.
Many of these toasters have a "high lift" feature. As you know bread comes in different sizes. This feature allows you to take out smaller slices without getting your fingers burned. It also raises normal sliced bread higher up than a standard toaster, and does make it easier to get out of the slots, without also toasting your fingers.
Defrost and Cancel Features
As the name would suggest, the defrost facility will allow you to toast bread straight from the freezer as it has this feature. That can be particularly handy and almost every single toaster has this feature.
The cancel feature is handy if you want to quickly stop your bread from toasting.
Wide Slot Feature
The wide slot feature allows you to toast thicker bread, tea cakes, muffins and crumpets. This is often overlooked by many buyers. It is we believe an essential feature to have as it makes your toaster much more versatile.
Removable Crumb Tray
Over time and as you toast, bread crumbs will fall down through the toaster. Most of these will come with a crumb tray, which can be slid out and that makes cleaning your toaster a great deal faster.