Now personally speaking I am a really big fan of most types of Oriental noodle dishes. Quite often though, they can be over complicated, so I wanted to include one that tastes great, and is really very quick to make. Hopefully you will enjoy it as well.
How Many Will This Dish Serve?
The ingredients shown below, will serve up to 4 people.
Ingredients for the Prawn Noodle
- 1 Kg of either fish or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of Hoi Sin sauce
- 250 grams of egg noodles
- 100 grams of baby pak choi
- 150 grams of bamboo shoots
- 300 grams of cooked king prawns
- Soy Sauce to serve
You should be able to pick those ingredients up at any UK supermarket. Below, I have included the cooking instructions.
How to Cook the Asian Style Prawn Noodle
- Put the stock into a large saucepan along with the hoi sin sauce and bring that to the boil (You can use a wok if you prefer)
- Once it is boiling, then add the noodles. You will need to stir these so as they come apart. Once they have then leave over a low heat for 4-5 minutes
- Next cut the pak choi in half, and add that to the saucepan, and bring that back to the boil.
- Finally stir in the bamboo shoots, and the cooked prawns, and then allow to simmer for between 2-3 minutes.
How To Serve the Asian Style Prawn Noodle Dish?
All that is required now is to divide the noodles up evenly between 4 soup style bowls. Then pour the liquid containing the other ingredients. You can then add soy sauce to your own preferred taste.
As you can see this is a very simple dish to prepare, and even faster to cook.
Variants of the Prawn Noodle Dish
As you can imagine, this one is not that hard to change around a little. Instead of prawns, simply replace those with the fish of your preference. Just make sure that the fish is cooked, or at least almost cooked before adding.
Locally, we have a fish market every Friday, and when I go there, I tend to see what is on offer that day. Quite often I use shrimp with this one, and even clams of crab. Feel free to be inventive, as after all, that is what cooking is all about.
You can also change the flavours on this one as well. Often I will add a pinch of ginger, or even a sprinkle of chilli flakes, just to add some warmth to the dish. That is especially good in winter time.
My friend has also added lime leaves to this, and she has also added Star Anise, though I prefer it without that one.
I found this soup recipe on YouTube which also uses many of the ingredients shown above. I made this one and really loved it.
Like nay recipe, it is always good to have your own version of it. You can season with salt and pepper, but I find that the soy sauce, works with this one a great deal better. It just happens to be a healthier option as well.