Best Doughnut Maker Reviews UK 2017
I have to admit that I am a bit of a doughnut addict. I have no idea why a ring in the middle of a bun suddenly makes it even more fun. It isn't just the hole though, it is that distinct taste that makes me want to eat at least two of them. And no, one is never enough for me. Leave a bag of doughnuts anywhere near me, and you do so at your peril.
I am now going to cover below the top 5 Doughnut makers that are currently available in the UK. I will try to do that and resist the temptation to actually go and make some. There are plenty of these to be bought. In all honesty many of them are just not worth your money.
You will be glad to know I have excluded those from my list, but I have added them at the bottom so as you know how to avoid them. However let's start with the Top 5 doughnut makers. Below we have lined up the top 5 doughnut makers. We have placed these in order of best value along with the highest rated by buyers.
Any ratings shown are an average, and marked out of a maximum of 5 stars. We have also used average retail UK prices. Both ratings and prices change constantly, so please always check before deciding to make any purchase
Top 5 Rated Doughnut Makers in the UK
VonShef Deluxe 12 Hole Red Electric Doughnut Maker
Andrew James Metallic Red Stainless Steel Flip And Serve 7 Doughnut Maker
Babycakes Donut Maker
Giles & Posner EK2068 Electric Flip Over Doughnut Maker
Choice Elgento E27006 Doughnut Maker
No 1 Choice - VonShef Deluxe 12 Hole Red Electric Doughnut Maker Donut Snack Machine
- This one is priced at around £17 and with this one the ratings are 4.4 out of 5 stars
- You can make a full 12 doughnuts, in a very short space of time.
- This model is powerful with a full 1200 watts and it does heat up really quickly, so no need to be hanging around waiting on this one to heat up.
- Of all the doughnut makers, this one is probably the best looking, and comes in a striking red colour.
- For those of you who prefer healthier cooking, this one actually bakes them rather than frying them. These doughnut makers are great for kid's parties and this one produces enough in one batch to keep them all happy.
- It has a cool touch handle with light indicators that show when the doughnuts are ready.
- It comes with a 2 year warranty.
No 2 Choice - Andrew James Metallic Red Stainless Steel Flip And Serve 7 Doughnut Maker
- This stainless steel doughnut maker is pretty new to the UK market, and is getting very high reviews
- This particular model makes up to 7 doughnuts at a time so you can treat not only yourself, but the entire family.
- This one gets a very high customer buyer rating of 4.7 stars so slightly higher than the product above.
- There is not a great deal separating these two products.
- This one has non-slip feet and the cord tucks away rather nicely.
- It has an average RRP of around £15
No 3 Choice - Babycakes Donut Maker
- This one has a great name but the ratings are not as high as the first three on my list. This one has a 4.1 out of 5 star rating.
- This Babycakes model makes 7 doughnuts, and is similarly powered by 700 watts of power.
- The housing is plastic, looks as cute as anything and has non-stick plates and rubber feet for more stable working.
- When you open the box you will find the maker. a cooling rack, two pronged fork and a full instruction manual.
- The recipes with this one are really excellent.This one, with an average price of around £20 is more expensive than the two above.
- Prices do change so always worth checking.
No 4 Choice - Giles & Posner EK2068 Electric Flip Over Doughnut Maker
- I put this on my list as it got a 4.1 star rating,and is popular with many UK buyers
- With an average RRP of around £19, it is pretty much keeping in line with the average price point for this type of product
- This one makes 6 donuts and it uses the flip over style so as the doughnuts can be evenly cooked on both sides.
- It takes about 10 minutes to cook doughnuts thanks to the powerful 700 watts
- It also comes with a useful recipe book.
No 5 Choice - Elgento E27006 Doughnut Maker
- At 3.5 out of 5 stars this model does not get as good a rating as the others on the list.
- With an average RRP of around £20, and lower than average reviews, there are in my opinion, better choices.
- I only included this one as some of the buyers said this was very good, and allowed them to make fun doughnuts with the kids.
- Although it seems to be good enough quality, it does not come with a recipe book, and many buyers found that disappointing
- It makes up to 7 doughnuts at a time and claims to have a non-stick surface, which is exactly what you need for any type of doughnut mix.
- It is also thermostatically controlled, and comes with a cool touch handle.
Video on How to Make Doughnuts at Home
Below I have included a video on how to make great tasting doughnuts at home.