Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the range of vacuum sealers that are made by the "Foodsaver" brand. Foodsaver make a few different machines that have slightly different specifications.
For your convenience, we have listed those below:
- Foodsaver FFS005 Food Vacuum Sealing System
- FoodSaver FFS006 Food Vacuum Sealer System
- FoodSaver FFS010 Food Sealer Vacuum System
- FoodSaver FFS015 Food Sealer Vacuum System
- FoodSaver FFS017 Food Sealer Vacuum System
Below we explain the differences in each model, so as you ca decide which one is best for you.
Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer Comparison Table
Just below we have done a quick description of each food sealer so as you can see the main differences in the various models.
As you can see the main difference really is in the price points. All of the products above do seal and vacuum and that is their key purpose. The slightly cheaper models will not have marinating features or automatic food or wet/dry food detection.
We have now reviewed each one below in more detail.
Foodsaver FFS005 Food Vacuum Sealing System
- This stands upright when not in use, making it easier to store
- It is quick and easy to use
- Has helpful LED progress lights
- Black base with silver top
- Automatic bag detection
- Automatic liquid detection
- Marinate Mode
- Built in accessory hose.
Integrated roll storage and cutter
- Moist/Dry Food settings
- Seal Only Function
- Automatic Vacuum and Seal Operation.
- Comes with 5 x 0.94 litre bags, 5 x 3.78 litre bags, 1 x Roll (28 cm x 3 m), a storage canister and an accessory hose.
- You feed the end of the bag into the drip tray and close. Push a button and the air will be removed from the bag. The lights tell you when this is finished. When the air has been removed the machine heat seals the bag.
- The accessory port and hose can vacuum seal FoodSaver accessories such as the included container.
- There is also roll storage and a cutting facility that allows you to cut and heat seal longer rolls to make bags
- There is a pulse function for vacuum sealing delicate items without damage
- There is a moist/dry food setting that allows you to adjust the seal level for different types of food
Foodsaver FFS006 Food Vacuum Sealing System
- The bags and rolls compatible with sous vide cooking
- Black base and overall silver colour
- This model has a hands-free operation and automatic food detection
- Has separate sealing modes for dry and wet food
- Has settings for pulses, canisters and even marinating food
- Has a useful ‘seal only’ mode allows you to seal contents without vacuuming - a good choice for short-term storage
- Has a built in handheld sealer
- Vertical design for storage
- Integrated roll storage and cutter
- LED progress lights
- Comes with 3 x 0.94 litre bags, 2 x 3.78 litre bags, 3 x 0.95 litre zipper bags, and one roll 28 cm x 3 m
- The main plus is the automatic sealing of the base of new bags. The bag roll is a tube shape so when a section is cut off the bottom needs to be sealed. This can be wasteful. With this model, when the roll is pulled out and cut the section still on the roll is automatically end sealed ready for the next bag with little waste.
- This model can also vacuum seal special reusable bags. So for example you can open a bag, remove some of the content, and then simply reseal it again
- This model can also be used to reseal most commercial frozen food bags
Foodsaver FFS010 Food Vacuum Sealing System
- Sleek, contemporary design with small footprint
- Adjustable head to work with all fresh containers and zipper bags
- Automatic vacuum & seal operation
- Simple push down operation to seal the bags
- Restricted to buying Food Saver bags
- Comes with 5 x 0.95 litre Vacuum Zipper Bags, and 1 x 700 ml Fresh Container
- This is a basic and simple to use model. This model has a streamlined design and one-touch sealing operation that works with a wide range of food storage containers and vacuum bags.
Foodsaver FFS015 Food Vacuum Sealing System
- Most buyers liked the one button mechanism
- It has quite a slim design and can be stored vertically to save space
- Has an automatic vacuum and seal operation to vacuum seal food in compatible bags and containers
- Has a handheld sealer is perfect for use with FoodSaver zipper bags and Fresh Containers
- Has a moist/dry food function
- Comes with 5 x 0.94 litre bags, 5 x 3.75 litre bags, 1 x Roll (28 cm x 3 m), and an accessory adapter.
- You can use the FoodSaver bags and rolls to store your food for the freezer. You can also use bags and rolls as well as Fresh Containers, Zipper Bags and Canisters for short to medium term storage in the cupboard or fridge or taking to work or school
- To use the top needs to be pushed firmly down until the green buttons on the side pop right out. You will see that the power indicator on the top will then illuminate with one LED. Then press the vacuum and seal button and watch the LED cycle until finished and the air is sucked out and the bag is sealed.
Foodsaver FFS017 Food Vacuum Sealing System
- Suitable for all types of dry or moist food
- Quick to seal at the touch of a button
- With this model you can make your own storage bag using the BPA-free roll of plastic provided
- This model also works well with containers and zipper bags
- This model can seal delicate food without crushing
- Comes with 3 x 0.94 litre bags, 2 x 3.78 litre bags, 3 x 0.95 litre bags and one roll (28 cm x 3 m)
- You can make your own bags to the required size so very little waste.
- This machine will seal and cut bags as required or you can use ready made bags
Hopefully that has helped explain the differences in the various Food Saver models. If none of these are for you, then why not check out our top 10 list of vacuum sealers by clicking here.
The Food Saver brand though, generally speaking is a well recognised brand, and overall buyers like them.
Vacuum sealing food can reduce household waste by up to 87%. The average UK family could save up to £600 per year by using a vacuum sealer
Vacuum sealing captures all the nutritional attributes of food.