Sensio Ice Cream Maker Gelato Sorbet and Frozen Yoghurt Machine
Thanks for taking the time to read our UK review of the highly buyer rated Sensio home digital ice cream maker. This home ice cream maker came out as the number one buyer rated ice cream, currently available on the UK market.
Given the competition that is very impressive.
Please note that this is an ice cream maker where you do need to freeze the bowl the night before. Ideally the bowl should be frozen for at least 12 hours.
This is typical for the lower priced ice cream makers. If you want to be able to make ice cream without having to freeze a bowl, then you need to buy an ice cream maker with a compressor. Those cost anything between £145-200. You can check out our top 11 list of ice cream makers by clicking here.
There we will explain the differences in these types of machine, and also show you some of those compressor ice cream makers.
However this Sensio ice cream maker is typical of what is available on the UK market, and this model does get the highest online buyer reviews. It can make ice cream, sorbet, gelato and frozen yoghurt in approximately 20 minutes, once the bowl has been frozen
This ice cream maker has a digital timer and LCD display. It is also covered with a 2 year guarantee.
How Buyers Rate the Sensio Home Digital Ice Cream Maker
- Overall this ice cream maker gets a very high buyer satisfaction rating of 92%
- 88% of all buyers gave this Sensio model a full 5 star rating
- 3% of all buyers gave this a low buyer rating
What Buyers Say About the Sensio Ice Cream Maker
We collect our information from the various online websites that sell all different types of ice cream makers and machines. Once collected we then analyse not only the buyer ratings, but also what the buyers have to say.
This is very useful information as long as it is interpreted properly. That is what we do here at the Love Your Kitchen website. We find the easiest way to present this information is in a simple pros and cons table shown below.
- Buyers said that this maker is well made and was really simple to use
- It comes with a starter recipe which is very good
- Buyers liked the digital timer as it made it easy to keep an eye on the progress of the ice cream.
- Buyers said the instructions were simple and very easy to follow
- Buyers said it was very easy to clean
- A couple of buyers said this was a bit noisy
- Some buyers didn't realise that you had to freeze the bowl first
Sensio Ice Cream Maker Specification
In this section we like to give you a full specification and the details of the ice cream maker.
- Measures 29 x 23.8 x 23.8 cm
- Weighs 3.4 Kg
- Made from stainless steel
- With a frozen bowl can make ice cream in 20 minutes
- Can be used to make ice cream, sorbet, gelato and frozen yoghurt
- You can add extra toppings as the lid opens
- Has a digital timer and LCD display
- The manual is very good for this machine
- Has a removable lid, stirrer and freezer bowl for easy cleaning
- Comes with a 2 year, 100% satisfaction guarantee
This ice cream maker makes soft scoop ice cream. You can then freeze it again if you prefer to have a harder type of ice cream. The ice cream however will always be soft and creamy, and not the harder type of ice cream. You can use this machine to make vegan ice cream if you prefer.
It is really important that you freeze the bowl for up to 12 hours beforehand. If you have the frozen bowl then it takes about 20 minutes to make the ice cream.
Our Verdict on the Sensio Ice Cream Maker
This Sensio ice cream maker did come out at number 1 on our list of the top 11 ice cream makers that are currently available in the UK. It got that ranking because buyers gave this model the highest buyer satisfaction ratings.
There are also no really bad reviews about this machine, and that is always a good sign.
This is a good quality ice cream maker. As long as you understand that the bowl needs to be frozen before using it, then this machine will not let you down. The instructions are straightforward and it is super easy to use and also very easy to clean.
When you buy this and register it online, the manufacturer will email you a recipe book which you will find very useful.