Tefal Bistro Aluminium Cookware Set UK Review
The Tefal Bistro Aluminium Cookware Set, is a very popular choice for many UK buyers. Not only do these cook really well, but they also will look great in any kitchen. Buyers certainly seem to rate these very highly. In this review, we will explain why that is the case.
Tefal are certainly know for their quality. With this set of pots and pans, they can be used on both gas and electric hobs and cookers. They have also included their famous thermospot technology, which I have explained under the specification section. Then by using an enamel, easy to clean exterior, they have put together a very nice set. This enamel finish makes them have a high gloss look.
What Do You Get in the Tefal Bistro Cookware Set?
Let's have a look and see what you actually get for your money. There are three pots and two frying pans. When you open up the box, inside you will find:
- 1 x 20 cm Frying pan
- 1 x 24 cm Frying pan
- 1 x 14 cm Mill pan with no lid
- 1 x 16cm Saucepan and glass lid
- 1 x18 cm Saucepan and glass lid
Those are exactly what you need for general purpose cooking around the home. The smaller pan is ideal for food such as omelettes, and the bigger one for doing a fry up, or for colouring larger joints of meat. The three pans are then ideal for small jobs like boiling an egg, cooking vegetables and a larger one for potatoes, or making soup, stew and casseroles.
How do Buyers Rate the Tefal Bistro Cookware Set
It is always important to read reviews before buying anything. These pots and pan sets are something you will use every day. That makes it even more important, so as you can know you are buying the right ones for your needs.
Buyer Review Summary
We have read a lot of reviews about this Tefal set, and then summarised those below. Hopefully you will find that useful. The first illustration shows the percentage of stars, given to the product, by actual real life buyers. They scored the product out of a maximum of 5 stars.
You can see from the above figures that 3 out of 4 people rate the Tefal Bistro as a 5 star choice. That is of course excellent ratings, and should assure you these are very high quality.
Pros & Cons of the Tefal Essential Cookware Set
Below we have captured what buyers actually said. This includes all buyers as we like to keep our reviews balanced. Even though only 2 out of 100 buyers rated these pots and pans as a 1 star product, we always like to find out why.
- Extremely well made and high quality
- The non-stick feature is really good
- Really simple to clean after cooking
- The pieces all heat up really quickly
- Not heavy and yet very strong
- Good range of sizes
- Great value for money
- Make a nice wedding gift
- Handles are made from bakelite
- Dishwasher safe
- Not many complaints but any that did exist where about delivery, and some pots or pans be missing .
- A few people said the pots were too small
Most of the 1 star reviews are pretty old in 2014 and 2015. They complained mainly about their package arriving, and some pots or pans missing. These things do happen, and personally I would have returned them instantly. At 2% however, the complain ratio is low.
This thermospot technology is used on the frying pans. When you look at those, you will notice a red centre. When the pan is at the right temperature to be used, this spot turns a dark red. Very useful feature to have, and avoids burning food.
Tefal Pots and Pans Specifications
- Very easy to clean as they have an enamel exterior
- Available in red or black
- Can be washed in your dishwasher
- Non-stick as you would expect
- NOT SUITABLE for induction hobs
- Made from aluminium
- Glass lids for easy viewing of cooking - the lids do have a steam hole
- Good even heat distribution across the cooking surface
- Can also be used in the oven
- There is thermal indicator on the pans - this turns solid red when the pan is at the right temperature
- Black coloured pans and pots
Our Verdict on the Tefal Tefal Bistro Essential Cookware Set
With hundreds of buyer reviews to go on, the general rating is very high. This is a good set of pots and pans from a very well known and trusted kitchen brand. Tefal have been in this market for a very long time, and have built up an excellent reputation.
Yes we found a few disgruntled buyers, and there will always be problems with any product. The overall opinion from the review team here, is that these are an ideal set of pots and pans for general cooking around the home. We would therefore have no hesitation in recommending these to you.